Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ohh mee ohh myyy

Today was our ultrasound.... There is nothing like it! It makes everything seem so much more real... to see the 4 valves of the heart, the little belly, the brain, the movement.... it is surreal, and so lovely! Our little baby is healthy, and very strong... it was kicking around like crazy, and you could see it swallowing and moving it's hands by it's face... They said everything looked healthy and strong... and thankfully for me, it was only measuring 4 days early!! (Julianna at 20 weeks was measuring about 1 1/2 weeks early... she was born 9lbs 13 oz!!)

So we are super excited to announce, we are having a little:
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...


Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 girls 2 boys!!! We couldn't be happier!! We have a first name, but not a middle name yet.... So we'll keep the middle name a surprise for a while....

We're overwhelmed with love and joy for our little Luke Blackwell :)

10 comments:

Sarah Lemn said...

Oh yeah! I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations on little baby Luke!

Brittany said...

How awesome!!! 2 Two boys and 2 girls, that is perfect!

Kristy said...

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Sarah, that is awesome...how perfect! I have been checking your blog all day to see if it was up yet...hahaha...i am such a nerd. Thats great that he is so healthy and active. Love the name Luke, too! I am so excited for you and Nathan. Your family is absolutely precious!

Davene said...

How wonderful!!! I'm so glad you posted right away. :)

2 boys and 2 girls is what we had in my family growing up, and it's what I always thought I'd like to have, too. Here I am, 3 boys later, and I'm guessing that maybe 3 boys and 3 girls is a good plan for us. Or 4 and 4? Really, who knows? Just kidding...

Anyway, I'm absolutely thrilled for you and your family! What a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

ooo yay very exciting!!! How nice, 2 boys and 2 girls :-) I love the name Luke :-)

Christin said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! AWesome Awesome Awesome! I'm with you...it couldn't be ANY more perfect!

xoxoxo

Beth said...

YEAH FOR BABIES!!! CONGRATS to you both on the awesome news. Those ultrasounds are amazing aren't they? I know you've been waiting a long time for today! Glad he cooperated for you so you didn't have to camp out in the Dr.'s office tonight. :)

Kristen said...

Well then...we will just have to get our little boys together to play! :) Congrats...it's so exciting to finally know. You look great too!

pyrotechny said...

Congratulations!! We like that combo, personally! (smile)

Jolanthe said...

Congratulations, Sarah! (and I'm sure you would have been thrilled if it was a girl too!! :)

It's nice to have a name for your belly now!! :)