Saturday, January 31, 2009

feelin' good

After Julianna's birth I had a bit of the "baby blues". Maybe it was because it was so close to William's birth, or maybe I just had a harder time adjusting to 3 kids in the house.... Whatever the reason, it was not the greatest time of my life. It lasted a few weeks, but it was a struggle to get through. Even Nathan had noticed that I just wasn't quite myself. So with this pregnancy, we were all on the lookout for any emotions after Luke's birth.
I had such an amazing time during Luke's birth. I remember any fear or anxiety just left me and I was filled with such peace. And the moment that he was born, I was SO joyful! The following couple days after he was born, it was like I was on a high or something... I felt so good!!!
Here we are... 2 weeks in... and I couldn't feel better!!! I feel GREAT! It's like Luke has always been here and he's supposed to be here, and we feel so complete. I was telling Nathan today how wonderful it is that he's here, and we have peace in knowing that it's our last biological child and now we're moving forward. I can feel my energy coming back and that is a WONDERFUL feeling! It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how many children you have, each one is so unique and special and how you are filled in such unconditional love for each one of them equally!
And sweet little Luke has been sleeping so wonderfully for his Mommy - which is awesome ... because we all know.. if Momma is sleepy... things just don't run as smoothly :) haa haa

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You guys are so beautiful...and I have to say, he looks bigger in the pictures than in person. How sweet!

Kristy said...

Oh, Sara! You are such a sweet mama. I love hearing how you guys just feel complete now knowing that all your kids are here with you.

Glad you are feeling so good. And we all know you are looking fantastic. I was looking at you today thinking, "man she looks amazing."

And I agree with Elizabeth, look definitely looks bigger in pictures than he actually is. He is so tiny....precious!

Kristy said...

hahaha.....That is supposed to read, "Luke definitely looks bigger in pics....". Guess I was tired.