Wednesday, January 28, 2009

he's a keeper!!

Well, it's official... the kids LOVE Luke!!! It's funny because they think his real name isn't just Luke, it's "Baby Luke". They all want to hold him and help me change him and shower him with kisses!! And he's such a sweet heart through it all!

We had his 14 day check up today. He's doing great! He gained a lb in a week - so I'd say his eating is OK! :) He has an undeveloped airway, so when he cries he sounds like a squeaky toy! It's kind of funny, but it also sounds a bit like he's choking (which he isn't!)... but the other day when I was in a store, he started crying and people were looking at me like I needed to check his airways or something. I'm just waiting for the right moment when it's all quiet, like a church or something, and he starts his squeaking... people just might panic or something. :) But the doc says it will develop itself within the first year, so hopefully sooner than later.

We're adjusting pretty well around here. The sleeping at night is still a battle, but we're making headway on it. I had forgotten how tiring it is to have an infant. And how easy it was with just one baby, or even two kids. Nathan and I keep saying, "remember how easy it was with just Ali and William?" Now we've got 4! My gosh, where does the time go!?!? I keep reminding myself of that when I am tired and frustrated. Just remembering that this season will pass all too quickly.


Sweet Ali. She is by biggest helper. There are days when I'm waiting for her to get off the bus so that she can hold Luke while I get a few things done around the house. And she is so willing, and excited to do it. She helps teach the younger kids the right things to do. If I am starting to get frustrated, she asks "Mommy is there anything I can do to help you?" My goodness... how sweet is that!!! It is so wonderful that she is so willing to help me. You know, Alexandria stems from Alexander, which means helper! She's living up to her name! Bless her heart!!

Compassionate William. The first thing he does in the morning is come in our room to see baby Luke. He wants to give him kisses, and asks if he can hold him for a bit. Sometimes he just comes over to look at him for a while. He is such a sweet boy. If anyone looks like they are starting to get upset, he always asks "are you happy?" And even if you aren't, it's hard not to get happy at that moment. He is so sensitive and needs a lot of snuggling. Precious little boy!

Gentle little Julianna. She was so happy in this picture to be holding Luke all by herself. She was so gentle with him and is always wanting to share her "khaki" (blanket) with him. If I'm nursing him, she'll come over and put her pink khaki over Luke. Oh it's just precious. And even though she has had the biggest adjustment with Luke being here, she has taken it in stride. She definately wants you to know that she is there :) And she most always does what I ask for her right when I ask it. (It might not be done with the BEST attitude - but it's done right away!!!) She's such a joy to have around. I can put her on the kitchen counter with me as we cook dinner, or clean up. I love having her little personality around!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

oooo sweet kiddos you have! They all look so grown up holding Luke!

Brittany said...

Isn't it amazing how he just fits right in to your family? All four of them are just precious!!! You are truly blessed indeed!