Friday, December 5, 2008

34 weeks and then some

So we've hit 34 weeks! We are really trying to just enjoy every moment of this pregnancy, knowing it's our last and we won't get these days back.... But.... it is surely a hard thing to do! With 3 other ones running around, and my "aches and pains", to put it lightly, and exhaustion and emotions running wild.... it's a crazy ride!

I'll just quote what Ian told someone the other day.... This person asked Ian how I was doing, and Ian replied... "She's in a lot of pain... The doctors pretty much told her that physically she shouldn't have had this baby". HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm sorry... that has got to be the funniest answer he could have given... I laughed about that for so long... I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall to see the reaction on that persons face when Ian said that. I mean.. what do you say to that?? HAAAAAAAAAA


Anyhoo, we go back at 36 weeks for an ultrasound. The dr's want to check to see how big Luke might possibly be. We're really hoping for a small baby this time around. Ali weighed 7 1/2 lbs, William weighed 8 1/2 lbs and Julianna weighed 9 1/2 lbs... so they want to see if they can get an idea if Luke will follow the curve and weigh 10 1/2 lbs.... haaaaaaaaaaa.... insert laughter here! I would so love a small little 7 lb baby!! :) And I would also like for Luke to just come 2 weeks early all by himself!! That would be fantastic. So bring on the prayers!

The other day Ali was writing down her Christmas list for everyone, kind of like taking orders at a restuarant. She went to William, Julianna, Nathan, and then she got to me. She asked me what I would want, and I had no clue what to tell her... She looked at me with her little compassionate eyes and said, "Mommy, would you like some birth help?". HAA... I said yes, so she wrote down "birth help" under my name.... then I asked her to add "weight loss" to it as well. So we have little torn piece of paper that has everyones christmas wishes on it, and right smack dab in the middle it says: "Mommy: birth help and weight loss" Ohh... my... :) I love my family! So unique! HAA

It's been fun with the kids lately because my belly has gotten so big, they don't ever miss it. They include Luke in their prayers, and they are always wanting to come and touch my belly and talk to it and the other night we all sat around discussing what we think Luke is going to look like. It definately adds much more excitement to the process when your kids faces light up just talking about him. We all can't wait to meet this little boy! What a precious little gift God has given us!!!

Here are a few pics at 32 weeks... They are a bit blurry, I have a hard time holding the camera still. I really need to get Nathan to take some pics of me pregnant that include my face. :)



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Look at the beautiful baby belly!! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall as well :-). I hope you get your Christmas wishes :-)

Beth said...

How beautiful you are! You have this amazing way of staying so stylish throughout your pregnancies and looking so put together. I will be praying for a light, early Luke!

Kristy said...

Sara, you really do look gorgeous!!!! How do you do it?!?!?

I, too will join the prayer for a "littler" healthy, early Luke!