Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Only 4 weeks to go....

Well... here we are... 36 weeks :) It's a weird place to be... You know you are in the home stretch and don't have much longer to go... And you start getting "THE COMMENTS"... You know... the "wow, you must be close", or "any day now huh?", or "when's your due date, because you look like you're about to pop"... and many many more... And then when I tell people I'm not due till January, they always cock their head to the side a bit and give me a little I'm sorry smile and say, Ohh so you still have a few weeks....

YES... I HAVE 4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. good grief... why can't people just let a pregnant woman go to her due date? Why once you start getting close do people feel like they need to give their 2 cents into every little detail.

You know what I'm talking about.... it's not the friends that ask you and you know they are sincere, it's the strangers!!! The random strangers that have to come up to you when you're out shopping and tell you how big you are and when you're going to go into labor... Just the other day at Target, I had this woman who was staring at my belly... I knew she was about to say something because she couldn't take her eyes off of it... Then she walked over, put her hand on my belly and said, "Oh you must be due any day now..." So what do you do but smile...

I have had 3 kids! With all of them, I have gone to my due date!! I'm NOT expecting to go early, and even though I would just love to go early, I am fully aware that my body will probably wait till the last minute to give birth to this baby....

ok ok.. enough ranting.... on other news... I feel GREAT!!! For a few weeks there, I was in a lot of pain, dealing with from all angles and wondering how in the world I was going to make it to the end, more less, be able to go to all of our holiday events.. And one day I realized, I can actually walk after 6pm... then a few more days go by, and I realized, I can move my right leg!! It was amazing!! So thanks for all your prayers!! I feel Great and am ready to take on these last 4 weeks, and I'm trying to not be impatient.... :) hee hee hee...

Now to just mentally prepare myself for whatever comes in the definition of "labor" this time around... who knows what it could be like :)

here's a pic... 36 weeks. :)


2 comments:

Kristen said...

You look beautiful! I know what you mean about the comments. I always go late...I was in costco once and this GUY (young guy) said to me, You look like you're about to pop...yeah, what do you say to that?

Life as a King said...

You look great! You don't look like you're about to pop at all. I think you look tiny. Seriously.