Tuesday, December 30, 2008

June 20th 2005 - Williams birth

If I remember correctly, I was due with William on June 22nd. I'm having a hard time remembering all the details about the labor process with William...

I believe it was saturday the 18th when I started having contractions... So we did what we normally do... we timed... walked... timed... walked.... My Aunt Lynn drove down and was spending time with us... Saturday night we went to the hospital... and what happened?? Well as soon as we got there and they hooked me up to the monitor, I had 2 contractions then it all stopped!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! So they told us to go home...

Sunday the 19th went by fairly easy... not too many contractions or pain... My Aunt Lynn left to go back home.. we were all dissapointed because we wanted her to be there.

Monday the 20th came.. morning was fine, Nathan went to work... At 2:00pm, boom, I was hit with a contraction that doubled me over.... I immediately called Nathan, he came home and we went to the hospital a couple hours later. We called Aunt Lynn, and she left immediately. We laugh now, because she made it from Richmond to Harrisonburg in a little over an hour or something like that... HAA HAA... :)

When we got to the hospital, everything was going fairly smoothly... I was only about 4cm, so I still had some laboring to do... I relaxed, and took each contraction as they came.... Then I hit transition... Ohh my... transition... This time it seemed much worse than Ali's... I remember standing up leaning over the bed thinking my legs were going to give out on me. My midwife was awesome and was helping me though it all... Then I just finally told everyone I had to push... Forget the fact that I still had about 1 or 1/2 cm to dialate.. I couldn't take it anymore...

(I will leave out the details of what was happening in my mind at that moment... let's just say I left myself for a bit.... it had more of an affect on me than I thought)

But God blessed me and I only pushed for about 13 minutes, and our handsome little William Ware was born into the world. I think it was around 7 pm... He weighed 8lbs 13.5 oz and was 20.5 inches.

I can't describe the love I felt for that little boy when I saw his face. It was like I was instantly bonded to him in that moment. He was so precious... my little sweet man!

No comments: