Tuesday, September 2, 2008

blue


Yesterday morning, Julianna was sitting in our bed reading/looking at a Thomas the Train book. Here is our conversation:

J: that train is blue

Me: (thinking wow, she's really catching on to her colors) Yes Julianna that train is blue. What color is that train? (pointing to a green train)

J: blue

Me: no that train is green.

J: blue

Me: no honey... that train is green. Look at this train. This train is red. What color is this train?

J: blue

Me: no babe... say red

J: blue

Me: no, say red

J: blue

Me: no ... say green

J: blue

Me: um... no... say green

J: blue

Me: say purple

J: blue

Me: say pink

J: blue

(this continues for at least another minute - at this point, nathan is laughing and I've decided to try to break her stubborness by tricking her to say something easy first)

Me: ok ok.. Julianna, say Mama

J: blue

Me: no no... say brother

J: blue

Me: say Ali

J: blue

Me: say Grandmama

J: blue

Me: Julianna... where is your nose?

J: blue

Me: ohh my gosh Julianna... seriously.. say red

J: blue

And people wonder why parents are always so glad to have some adult conversation every once in a while...

5 comments:

Christin said...

*laughing* Oh yeah. that girl was SO playing you.

*still laughing*

Ellen said...

that is hilarious!! I am still laughing!
Mom

Kristy said...

hahahahha...thats so funny! I have had some very similar conversations. :) She is soooo cute!

Jen Grubb said...

hahahahaha
that is AWESOME!!
I've never met her, but i think i really like that kid :)
ha!

Lindsay said...

cracking up!! I think her favorite color is blue ;-)