I wrote out an update the other day to some of my close friends that I haven't talked to in a while.. and I thought it would be a great way to remember this time by documenting it on here:
******************************************
"I've been so mia this semester that I thought I'd write out a quick update to let you all know what we've been up to...
The kids are doing well. It's really hard for me to believe that Luke is already 9 months old!! I can't believe how much you wait and wait when you're pregnant and you just can't hardly stand it anymore, then you blink your eyes and months have flown by! It never ceases to amaze me!! Julianna and William are loving school.. Julianna is in preschool and William is in Pre-K. It's nice to have them separated in the mornings... They are so funny together, it must be because they are SO close in age.. but man can they fight. The other day I was watching them play outside at my parents house and it looked something like this: William was screaming, Julianna pushed him, He pushed back so hard she fell down, she got up and walked away, but kept an eye on him, when he turned away, she ran up hard core and wacked him in the head with her babydoll that she was carrying, he started screaming and ran at her and pushed her down again.. at this point they were both screaming, then they just stopped and went on playing.. HAA.. it was so funny.. maybe I should have gone out there, but I figured they could just work it out by themselves. or.. I was just being lazy!
Ali is doing really well in 2nd grade. We've had some "confrontations" with her teacher, but overall things are ok. I have learned a lot this year about defending your kids because if you don't do it, no one else will! Yet, she's a doll and such a HUGE help to me in every single way! This summer she started piano lessons and ballet lessons... and she's thriving! It's great to see her growing up ... but I love how she still has a little girls heart! and YES she still dresses up in her little weird dress up clothes and dances all over the house! I love it and tell her all the time how I love her uniqueness and how she isn't afraid to be who she is! I'm hoping to instill that in all my kids as they grow up!!!
Well, I've got about 5 weeks left of Fall semester and every single one of my professors has decided to throw all AND the kitchen sink at us. I am so slam packed busy right now, I can hardly think straight. I have to keep reminding myself to just stop a second and breathe and think.. I feel like I'm going 50 miles a minute and I can't stop... life is just flying by right now, and I wish I could find the brake! haa.. Yet, I'm almost done! THank the Lord!
I registered today for spring semester... thankfully I only need 3 classes to graduate so it won't be a full load next semester. Listen to my crazy psyc classes I get to take. Developmental Psyc (a requirement), Psychology of Death and Dying (FUN!), and for my senior seminar capstone I'm taking Psychology of the Holocaust! HAAA... it may sound like a dreary spring semester but I'm SO excited about it.. I have awesome professors and am just so glad to almost be finished. Granted I've got to keep my grades up. geesh.. wouldn't it suck to get this close then have to re-take a class!! In 2 of my classes right now I'm sitting on a big fat C, and I need to bring it up to a B... I just don't have any time! I desperately need more time to do well in all I've got. but I don't, so I'm doing the absolute best I can possibly do in this crazy psycho life of mine.
I've really had to prioritize this semester and my house is on the last of my list. HAA.. I'm serious, if I took a picture of what it looked like you'd all just laugh!! :)
Anyhoo.. I'm at the library right now so I've got to go study!!! AAHHHHH There is so much more to write, but I gotta run....
I love you all!!!
Love
smi"
2 comments:
So great to hear an update about what all is going on with you guys. It is amazing to hear about all that is on your plate right now. How nice it must feel to know that you're wrapping it all up! One day, when you're old, wrinkled, and gray - you and Nathan will be rockin' away on the front porch, sippin on some tea, talkin' about these busy, crazy days. Ahhh... :)
I'm glad to get this peek into your life; thanks for sharing this email.
I would so enjoy taking the Psychology of the Holocaust class. That is a FASCINATING subject.
Post a Comment