"Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer
And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn
And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter
And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring"
These lyrics have been sinking in because we are in a crazy, busy, strange, random, whirlwind stage in our lives. We are the busiest now that we've ever been before (and I ever hope to be again)! Nathan is working, Ali is in 2nd grade, William and Julianna alternate half days at preschool, which requires driving too and from every day, I am taking 9 credits at JMU, so I'm on campus for 5 hours every Tues and Thurs, and Luke is nonstop everywhere!
There are times where I feel like I haven't stopped running in days. Times where I feel like there is no break and no time to breathe. All I can do is hold on tight to God and use him as my liferaft in this ocean of life. If I can just keep my head afloat...
All the while, this time is being used to re-create us as we walk through every season of life. Whether it be a summer, fall, winter or spring... We enter these seasons, we walk through them, (or get carried through them), and then we emerge.. a little bit changed from the journey, and we enter into another season.
Like running a race, the end is always the hardest part... yet it is the time that you should start sprinting to finish well. This is where I am with school. I am 12 credit hours away from my BA, and I feel tired and wornout and just can't seem to find any energy in me to finish ... yet I push ahead. I see that finish line.. it's there... I've got to search for that energy and finish strong!
So we walk... we run... we get carried, supported... we love... we cry... we laugh... we do our best to enjoy and cherish in every season we journey through... We may be busy now, but in a blink, we'll be off into something new... changed.. re-created.
1 comment:
I'm not familiar with that song, but what powerful lyrics! Thanks for sharing that...as well as sharing from your heart about how life is going for you. Savoring each season - that is such a hard, yet important, task.
Post a Comment