Friday, September 4, 2009

12 hands


12 hands touching things... 60 fingers spreading germs.. 6 mouths coughing...
We do not have a sickly household... our kids are generally well. Yet, when one gets sick... it spreads like wildfire around here! A few weeks ago, Luke had a fever. A few days ago, Julianna had a fever. Today, William has a fever..... About a week ago, William had a cough, that is progressively getting worse. Today, I have a cough. and around and around it goes!

Yet, my question is this... how in the world can you possibly be on top of everything enough to disinfect as the day goes on. I hear a cough, and I literally take off ... sprinting with my lyson bottle in hand... what did you touch? Did you touch this toy? Did you touch this book? Did you touch this doorhandle? Everyone hold still... Mama's gonna lysol you!!! :)

And honest to goodness... I absolutely refuse to go through a winter season like this! We have one cool day, that brings in the beautiful feeling that fall is on it's way... and I hear a cough. It's like the rainstorm to my picnic... or the pounds that come when I eat too many cookies! It just ruins everything!

So... what do we do? We put our smiles on our little faces and keep putting one foot in front of another. Because... what is being sick without the support of your family. I mean, common now.. I'm sure we all can relate that some of the best memories growing up is when we were sick, and we were waited on hand and foot. "Now you just go lie down now and I'll bring you a nice cool washcloth". Oh yes... what a wonderful feeling!!!

I guess the conundrum here is.....

Who waits on Mama when she's sick?? haa haa... Let's just say, I'll be downing some vitamin C this season!!!

No comments: