Monday, July 13, 2009

my baby's growing up...

It's funny... Luke will be 6 months old tomorrow and it's as if I don't think my little baby is going to grow up... maybe because I know he's my 4th baby, or because the others just seem so old compared to him... but as he hits these new milestones, I just have such a hard time accepting them! :) I can't imagine him growing up!!

It all happened within the course of two weeks.. He's started sitting up by himself (except when he gets really excited or wants something out of reach, then he flings himself backwards), he rolls ALL around my room. The other day I put him down on one side of the room, went into the kitchen, and came back to find him on the other side of the room under the piano bench! Also, now when he rolls from his back to his tummy, he gets up on his hands and knees and starts rocking back and forth. It's SOOOO cute!!!! He wants to go so badly. He'll play so contently with the kids and then when they all get up and run out of the room, he just crys... He wants to go with them!!

I'm preparing myself, because I figure it's only going to be in the next couple weeks/months that he'll be crawling all over the place. Gone are the days of putting the baby on the floor to chill... he'll be gone!!! And back to the days of keepign all small things off the floor... shutting the door to the basement... watching out for outlets and wires... oh my goodness!!!

They grow up SO fast!!

My gosh, he's adorable!!!!!!

5 comments:

Gorby family blog said...

He is SO adorable! And he totally looks like he's ready to take off at any moment. Have fun babyproofing...again :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah Luke is such a cutie!! I know they seem to grow so fast!! I almost forgot about keeping the stuff off the floor and keeping doors closed!

Christin said...

That third picture down (at the end) looks like JuJu. too cute

Brittany said...

I wanted to take him home with me today when I saw you all at Target. But I guess I'll be getting my own little boy to take home soon, huh?!

Beth said...

He is SUCH a cutie! AHHH!!! They do grow up fast don't they???!!!