We've been attempting to potty train Julianna all summer long. Actually if I'm to be completely honest, it started about a year ago when we potty trained William. Last September, Julianna used the potty for the first time.. and then just decided that she didn't want to do it anymore. So we picked it up early this summer. But she wanted nothing to do with it. *Now before I finish this story I need to explain that I wasn't trying to push potty training on a little girl who wasn't ready... I would say, "ok, you're not ready, we'll just wait".. then within that day she would say she was only going to wear underwear. So I'd tell her that if she wanted to wear underwear then she would have to use the potty, to which she replied, "ok". I was getting a lot of mixed signals. HAA HAA*
On monday of this week, august 10th, I once again, had her trying to sit on the potty. And once again she threw her little temper tantrum, which I normally try to calm her down and tell her how much fun it would be to use the potty like a big girl. But on this specific day I was just DONE! I took her underwear, threw it on the bathroom counter, told her I was done and that she needed to just potty train herself... HAA HAA HAAA..
15 minutes later, she ran by me saying she had to use the potty. She went in, sat down, peed, then pulled up her pullups and ran off. I was in shock, but thought it was just a fluke. I pulled her aside and gave her a little one on one time (which is precious in this house). We hugged and I told her I was proud of her... and then on we went.
1 hour later, she did it again... and then again later...
and as of today, august 13th, she has used the potty every single time, no accidents!! Yippeee!!!
This summer is a summer of milestones!! WOW!!!!!!
1 comment:
hehehe I love it! Your daughter is so independent this doesn't surprise me :-P
Post a Comment